Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I have been very upset this morning and last night.   Once I got to the hospital, the right people were sent to talk to me today.  My prayers are heard and answered.   I was able to talk to the Occupational Therapist, the neonatalogist, and the head nurse.   I expressed  my concerns and wishes, asked lots of questions, and was able to get a better idea of the whole history of care rather than the bits and pieces I have been getting.


Things I learned today:

*Benjamin will for sure be here for 10 days.   They need to make sure every nook and cranny of his little body is infection free!   The problem with the 10 day stay is finding enough IV sites.  We are lucky to have an IV stay good for one day.  If that doesn't work, they have to do a central line....we are going to try to avoid that.

*Ben was a really sick baby.  But for 3 days, he is doing really well.

* We were given the go ahead for Ben to eat as much as he wants, when he wants!   HOORAY!!!   This boy needs to eat.   The doctor trusts me to gauge "good" and "ok" feedings.
*The nurses will bottle feed him when he's hungry and I'm not available.

*He is going off his "gatorade" to sugar water for fluids.

My goal today for Benjamin-- to have some good feedings.
RESULTS: We had 2 good feedings.  HOORAY!!

Curtis and his mom came to see Ben.  I got to go out in the waiting room to read stories with my girls.  Then, we all went to dinner at Wendy's!   It was nice to be with them.  I miss them.  I look forward to when we can be a family all together at home.

I hate to say goodnight.  But I am leaving very hopeful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment